Yes!! Namibia has one of the most extensive and best-maintained road networks in the region. Navigation is easy, as all junctions are sign-posted, and crime is very low along all routes. Namibia has the second lowest population density of any country in the world, which means that you will often have these roads all to yourself and traffic is never an issue. And driving yourself is not only cheaper, but it will allow you to take in Namibia’s vast landscapes at your own pace, plan your own stopovers and itinerary, and stop for photos along the way.
If you choose to book a self-drive vacation through ATI Holidays, we:
- Take care of the entire car rental process
- Include a “Life Saver” insurance policy that guarantees instant, no questions asked, private medical rescue and evacuation services in case of accidents with 25,000 Namibian dollars of emergency treatment cover (the only local Namibian operator to do so)
- Make a personalized suggested itinerary based on your own interests and priorities, and book accommodation for you
- Maintain contact with lodges during your trip to inform them of your ETA and routing, and make sure you’ve gotten to where you’re going to safe and sound
- Are available to contact 24/7
Because we are a well-established local operator, we are Namibia experts with connections all over the country and region, and deals with most rental car companies and accommodations. This means that booking a Namibian road trip through us ends up being about the same price or often cheaper than trying to do it yourself, but with much more ease, support, and comfort.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Was this helpful?’ type=’radio’ options=’Yes,No’/][/contact-form]